Braised Osso Bucco
- 8 lbs Osso Bucco
- 1 small Onion – large dice
- 1 small Carrot – large dice
- 1 small Celery Root – large dice
- Fresh Herbs
- Bay Leaf
- OrganicFair organic Black Peppercorns
- 4 tbsp OleariaSan Giorgio Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Concentrated Beef Glace
- Red Wine
Place Osso Bucco in zip lock bag, add onion, carrot, celeriac, fresh herbs, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cover with a glug of red wine, and marinate for 24 hours. Strain and reserve marinade. Pat dry and brown in a large pan with virgin olive oil. Once the Osso Bucco is browned, place in an oven proof pan, add the vegetables, beef glace and enough marinade to cover. Braise in a 300˚F oven for about 3 hours – until tender. Remove Osso Bucco from the braising liquid, strain the liquid and reduce until desired thickness. Serve Osso Bucco on top of polenta and finish with a spoonful of the reduction.
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup 35% Cream
- 1 cup LaGrande Ruota Quick Cooking Polenta
- Salina Di Cervia SeaSalt – to taste
- Fresh Chopped Rosemary – to taste
Bring stock and cream to a simmer with bay leaves and salt. Whisk in quick cooking polenta. Reduce heat, and stir constantly. Test doneness (should be creamy – not gritty, about 5 minutes). Add chopped rosemary and a dollop of mascarpone. Serve hot.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Justin Downes at Vineland Estates Winery.