- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (L’Aspromontano)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed stale 100 % whole grain bread, crusts trimmed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
To make dressing: in large bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together until well combined. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and whisk again briskly before combining with salad.
To the dressing bowl, add tomatoes, bread, basil, and onion. Let stand for 5 minutes, tossing often to distribute flavours, before serving.