A tasty and healthy side dish, lunch or snack.
- 2 cups (500 mL) quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) feta, crumbled
- 1-28 oz (796 mL) can chickpeas, drained
- 12 cherry tomatoes, split in half
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
MAPLE SYRUP DRESSING
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) La Vecchia Dispensa red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Olearia San Giorgio Aspromontano Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Sarafino maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chives or fresh herbs (optional).
Maple syrup dressing: in a bowl, combine mustard and wine vinegar or lemon juice. Season to taste. Using a fork, whip the dressing while adding olive oil and maple syrup.
Adjust seasoning and add chives or fresh herbs (optional).
In a bowl combine all remaining ingredients. Add dressing and season to taste. Serve chilled.